It’s January 2021. We are way into the future and China has unleashed a whole load of hell into the world with Covid-19. We’re all still social distancing like mad, washing our hands, wearing masks, going nowhere, doing nothing, getting fat and lonely. No holidays, no hugs with friends, no eating in restaurants or going out dancing. We’re not even popping out for a cup of tea in a café. It’s a shitty life and I don’t see how it can change any time soon what with the new, ultra-transmissible mutation of the virus in rampant circulation.
But there is hope. Vaccines are being given. Snowdrop shoots are peeping out of the muddy grass, and I’ve bought a new armchair and sofa bed on a 0% finance deal from DFS. You’ve got to take happiness where you can get it. Plus:-
- The children are healthy
- I am healthy
- We have a happy, loving family
- My parents are healthy
- The Christmas lights are still up and cheery
- We have lots of nice food to eat
- I am reading ‘The Hobbit’ to the kids every day and they love it
- We are safe in our homes
- Netflix, iPlayer, mobile phones, online gaming. Thank God.